About me

----------
Name: Louis
Age: 24
Blood Type: AB+
Horoscope: Libra
MSN:
skysheep@hotmail.com


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Ruiji. Make your own badge here.
Archives

----------
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


My Friends


----------
Ash
Christine
Joon Hwa
Nadia
Onion Chicken
Peiling
Pek Har
Yong Heng


Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hey guys, I’m back from Taiwan already, the land of night markets and street snacks. Ermmm….What should I write? Frankly saying, I find Taiwan real boring…not my cup of tea. I know I’m a shopping freak when I go overseas but I also yearn to go places of interests. Taiwan sorely lacked the latter…sad.

Taiwan should be a paradise for gals lah but for guys, I felt it’s a NO NO!!!! Almost all the shops there sell girlie stuffs and the ratio of these shops to ones that sell guys’ stuffs should be ratio of 15:1. You can imagine how sian I was!?!??!

However, I never came home empty handed lor…and I bought almost all my stuffs from a place called Wufenpu Fashion Area. This place was great but my travel partner never got a single purchase over there. Perhaps it’s because you can’t try out clothes in the shops but it doesn’t bother me. These are some purchases I made over in Taiwan…….



A wallet I bought in XimenDing



A jean I bought in Wufenpu



A alarm clock I bought near Huaxi Night Market...

Another fun activity was playing with those soft toy machines…in which I had a great time there. The soft toys are much easier to catch over there compared to Singapore. They placed those toys rather strategically and you will need skill to capture them. Unlike in Singapore, it’s just luck. Look at my catches!!



So many soft toy machines~!



Me acting cute...



Aren't those chicks cute?



My trophies!! =)



Happy Family... =p

Some interesting facts I found out in Taiwan:

- A single movie ticket costs Sing Dollar $14 and couple tickets cost $28. (So expensive!!)

- You need to pay NT$1 for a plastic bag when you made purchases (e.g 7-11)

- There is pornography 24 hrs in channel 15 in Taiwan.

- When people take the escalators in Taiwan Rapid Transit, everyone will stand on the right in order. (Will Singaporeans ever adopt this courtesy attitude? I doubt so)

- 甜不啦 in Taiwan is completely different from the ones sold in Singapore.

- Taiwanese gals are chio man!!

Okay lah, I believe a picture tells a thousand words...so here are the photos I took in Taiwan....



In Changi Airport...



This Famous "Ah zhong mian xian" suxs !!!



Poster boy for Taiwa Rapid Transit (TRT) ?



Damm metallic sia...their ticketing machine



Can spot the diff from our trains?



Ximending in the day



Yum....



Yum...Yum...



Yum...Yum...Yum......!!



Happen to catch Huang Yida's Signature event



Huang Yi da....caught on my cam



What a Toilet...?



A mobile Toilet....



Taipei 101



Interior of Tapei 101



These signs are so cute !!



Beautiful sight of Dan Shui



Ermm...that's me?



Looks like Clarke Quay eh..don't you think so?



Shilin Night Market



Taiwanese Sausages...



The infamous "Smelly tofu"



Huaxi Alley (snake alley)



Memorial Hall of Chiang Kai Shih (tik wrong spell?)



Change of guards



Famous Mister Donut....reli famous in Taiwan



Wow....saliva drooling right?


posted @ 8:59 pm